I was helping my man Max with the mail run this morning, when we got to talking about Second Life. Max is an avid user, he always has a story or two about running a virtual marathon and banking up Linden Dollars for charity. So anyway, I was interested to find out more about it.I'd never really understood the appeal of Second Life, but I have read from time to time about people becoming real-life millionaires just by selling virtual products on there. On further research, this seems to be the exception and not the rule, with only a small number of entrapraneurs really raking it in off their Second Life income.
The major downfall of Second Life as far as I'm concerned, is that I couldn't immediately find any way to select an avatar that wasn't human. I mean really, humans may have fantasies of being other humans, but if I wanted a fantasy life it would NOT be as a human (no offence Max and keep up the good work).

No comments:
Post a Comment