As well as studying the dramatic arts at NIDA with Cate Blanchett, I also have a range of other qualifications under my belt that not many people know about. I once did a degree of Information Management & Systems at Monash University, it was one of the more boring ones - less intense than Quantum Physics, and not as exciting than ancient Archaeology (just to compare it to a few of the others I've done in my time).
So diagramming has always been my thing; the ability to picture things in circles, lines and boxes to make them meaningful. I was always the one in class to come up with the best Data Flow Diagrams and ER Diagrams. Back in those days we used tools like Microsoft Visio, but it seems these days there are online tools you can use as well. Gliffy has fairly extensive flowcharting capabilities, allowing you to do complex things like Network diagrams, UML charts and heaps more.
I'm also the type to have random scribbles of inspirations on whatever scrap of paper or napkin comes to hand; so I was keen to try out http://bubbl.us/ for some mind-mapping. I like that you could just jump straight in and start jotting stuff down without having to sign up and account. I also like the ease of adding, removing, etc without the page ever reloading. Mindmaps, here I come.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Don't tell halve truthes Winston. Tell them about how you paid for yourself to get through NIDA!
ReplyDeleteWinston gives great service for a fifty.
ReplyDelete